Saturday, March 22, 2008

portraits of strangers


This was my first random photo that was a bit uncomfortable to take. It is a patch sewn onto a persons hat. I really liked the design and I felt as though I HAD to get a photo of it... Problem is, the person who owned the hat was a complete stranger, and I was not really comfortable asking so, when he was not looking I snapped the photo (his hat was on backward). I realize the photo is blurry, so why blog about it? What is the significance??? Well it was the leaping off point. I have started taking portrait photos in the city fearlessly walking up to people and asking if I can capture their image. Most people are suprized but agree! Some of these photos are taken without people knowing, and others are taken with permission.





No comments: